Thursday, June 13, 2013

Engaged!!! :)

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 
This is what the ancients were commended for."
Hebrews 11:1-2

I am engaged to Brandon Moore!!! YAY!!!!!!

First off, I would like to point out the two types of people that will be reading this blog. The first group of people are lumped together because they knew me before my Junior year of college. The second group of people are lumped together because they came into my life sometime between Junior year and today. The first group is thinking "I knew Jackie Jenkins would get married." The second group is thinking "I knew Jackie Jenkins would get married to Brandon Moore." So there is really no need for "I told you so" texts any longer. ;)

Now that we've got that out of the way, allow me to tell you what I'm experiencing right now. I have decided to call it having a "Red Sea" moment. After Moses led the Israelites across the Red Sea to escape the Egyptians who were pursuing them to take them back into captivity, Exodus 14:31 says, "And when the Israelites saw the great power the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant." Can't you just picture them stopping and looking back and the Red Sea and thinking, "Like what just happened?! How good is our God?!"

That's what I am doing right now -- looking back on everything that has happened in my life in the past six days and thinking, "Like what just happened?! How good is my God?!" So many prayer requests have been answered in the past week that I am just overwhelmed with how faithful the Lord has been to me. Brandon is currently a professional baseball player and my fiance! I just don't think my heart could be any fuller than it is right now!

We have been praying for Brandon to get drafted where ever the Lord wants to use him to tell people about Jesus and his love and Brandon got drafted to the Milwaukee Brewers! We are SOOOOOOOOOO excited about that! What a great organization to be a part of!? We can not wait to see what God has planned as Brandon continues to work hard and improve and hopefully move up in the organization!

We have also been praying about  God's plan for our relationship. About a week after we started our relationship I asked Brandon, "So when are we going to get married?" I don't remember his response, but I'm sure it had something to do with prayer. So that's what we have done. We both knew we had really strong feelings for each other, but we also knew that God's plan for each of our lives was way more important than our plans for ourselves. So we kept praying, and praying, and praying.

Now, a year and a month later we are engaged!! I don't know if I can say enough how important Jesus being the center of our relationship is. If Jesus were not in this relationship, there is a good chance we wouldn't be engaged right now. But by the grace of God, Brandon asked me to marry  him at the airport this morning before he left to start his pro baseball career in Helena, Montana. 

The original ring he picked out is not here yet because it had to be special ordered since I have abnormally small fingers and wear a size 4. So, this early this morning Brandon drove to Wal Mart and bought a cute little ring to propose with so I would have something to wear until the real one got here. (Like how adorable/precious/sweet/cute/thoughtful/wonderful/etc. is that?!?!?!) Unfortunately Wal-Mart didn't have any size 4's on hand either so that ring is now in the process of  getting sized as well!! So my current status is two engagement rings and a bare ring finger. . . and I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!!

I love Brandon Moore so stinkin' much. But I love my precious Savior so much more. Looking back on the past six days all I have to say is Praise God and Go Brewers!

Jackie J......(for now ;] )

No comments:

Post a Comment